NEW SITKA Ambient 75

NW Ontario Fishing Trip Report

Steiny77

Just got back from a great fishing trip to NW Ontario with three life long buddies. Drove from IN, overnighted in northern WI, then pushed on across the border at International Falls to Red Lake where we overnighted again. Took a short float plane ride early the next morning out to the lodge for three full days of fishing.

A typical day started with coffee and a good breakfast in the lodge, caught everyone a walleye for lunch each morning then catch and release until shore lunch which is always awesome. Fresh walleye, fried potatoes, some beans or cookies, maybe a beer or soda and just relax for a while. After lunch we usually fished for Northern Pike in the afternoons, gradually making our way back towards the lodge. Usually were back at the lodge by 4-4:30, then hang around our cabin to get a shower, have some cold beers and cocktails, cigars, etc. until dinner bell rang about 7. In the lodge for a good supper then back to the cabin for another beverage or two and early to bed.

The walleye bite was fantastic, one morning I think our boat had around 50 nice fish. Pike fishing wasn't the best, but not bad. We caught a couple 40" fish and quite a few small ones. Lucked out and had great weather for the most part, but the rain hit us pretty good on the ride in last afternoon. It's really not a trip to Canada if you don't get your butt soaked at least once.

Had a trip booked when Covid showed up a couple years ago and that got cancelled, hadn't been back since. Told the boys I'm going to make this an annual deal from here on out as long as I can.

Fun stuff !!! I average 2 trips per year to northern Quebec. 12 hour drive north of the border. Eat walleyes every day until you can’t breathe. Slosh down that great Canadian beer !!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbcuster
Back