Advertisement

Non Resident tag sales Montana 94-2010

shoots-straight

If you've any wonder why the Outfitters fought I-161 so hard, and now trying everything in their power to gain more tags look at these figures. There was a day, that I remember, Non Residents got 11,500 Combo tags, Period. Now look at what has been slipping in as things were good.

Attachments

• NRESSTATpost962010[1].pdf
    14.1 KB · Views: 153
What is the chip on your shoulder about with non-resident hunters?

Dude everyone has been PMSing lately. Hell I saw in another thread SS took a dinkshooter comment seriously....

Hunting websites are a good reminder of why I love Alaska :D

I for one, am one of the Montanans that realizes that nonresidents have been paying for a lot of my stuff, so I really don't tend to complain about that. Instead I believe MT could rely a lot less on the "NR's" by having we "R's" pay more of our own way, while still offering NR's a lot of opportunity. And as for "PMSing", unless that's joke I don't get again, it must be nice to live the life of a bliss ninny. Not Giving a %$#@ while things around you come unglued. Really, I mean it, it must be nice.....Sweetnectar shoulda taken my bet:D.........I pay my debts.

SS is sure getting something completely different from those stats that I am.

In 1997 there were 16,627 Big Game combination licenses ISSUED.

In 2010 there were 15,542 Big Game combination licenses ISSUED.

Depending on how many are sold OTC 2011 could go as high as 17,800.

I don't see a dramatic swing in the number of tags being issued that would concern me if I was a resident.

Maybe he is confusing the number of applications with the number of licenses issued?

Non residents and outfitters need to be on a short leash. Imo hell I can't dyi brown bear or sheep in your state. Why do you suppose that is?

Remember that in a few years when they raise your license fees because us nonresidents quit buying tags for 10 to 12 times what residents pay. You like what our money does for your costs, but you hate any out-of-stater hunting "your" ground. And no, I don't hunt with an outfitter - 100% on my own, pack on my back.

I don't hate NR. I have alot of NR friends that hunt with me. They just need to be kept in check with everything going on. IE. Dwindling resource.

PMSing????

Its frustration of this legislature, a bad winter that doesn't seem to be ending, and a lingering off-season.

Take heart, bears are out, season starts in 10 days.

SS is sure getting something completely different from those stats that I am.

In 1997 there were 16,627 Big Game combination licenses ISSUED.

In 2010 there were 15,542 Big Game combination licenses ISSUED.

Depending on how many are sold OTC 2011 could go as high as 17,800.

I don't see a dramatic swing in the number of tags being issued that would concern me if I was a resident.

Maybe he is confusing the number of applications with the number of licenses issued?

hmmm what gives ?

Non residents and outfitters need to be on a short leash. Imo hell I can't dyi brown bear or sheep in your state. Why do you suppose that is?

There's no limit on nonresident permits however, just takes $$$ I don't know why it's required and don't care, it keeps the riff faff out. :). I wish they'd limit the nr like every other state and keep the guide requirement.

Dude everyone has been PMSing lately. Hell I saw in another thread SS took a dinkshooter comment seriously....

Then I think he wanted to fight me. I've been laying low since. Hopefully he borrowed Tjones CH poster and has released his stress:eek::hump:

Funny how you Montanans are all so anti NR yet this website is supported through advertising money to come and pilfer Colorado. "Elevate Your Game" you bastards.:D

Funny how you Montanans are all so anti NR yet this website is supported through advertising money to come and pilfer Colorado. "Elevate Your Game" you bastards.:D

That's because the guy who runs the joint is not anti-NR. :D:D:D

Then I think he wanted to fight me. I've been laying low since. Hopefully he borrowed Tjones CH poster and has released his stress:eek::hump:

Hey bastard:D Not all Montanans are all anti non-resident, you must not read so good:hump:

The issue isn't about NR hunters, it's about the illusion that's there's only a certain amount. You check all the numbers and see that there the back door effect.

My prediction is we are all going to see less tags, with or without this legislative session.

Don't all NR tags available have to meet a certain percentage of all available tags by law? I'm confused?

Back