MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New rifle from Weatherby - The Mod 307

44hunter45

Announced today.

The Range XP was good. Until they didn’t offer it in 300 WBY mag. I’d trade my Backcountry 2.0 for it if it had that cartridge.

They look like a lot of gun for the price. I'll give em a kudos on the stock choices from an ergos standpoint and i'm not big on the spiral flutes but could get over it. AICS bottom metal used to be something i'd like to avoid on a hunting rifle but there are getting to be a lot more flush or low profile options that negate that some. Not a big fan of using the magpul bottom metal though. Would have been better with a seekins style mag release integrated in the trigger guard to combat accidental mag releases.

I'm not a big m700 guy but id take a good m700 variant over a Mark V happily. About time Weatherby moved on from only selling rebadged howas and 6 or 9 lug monsters for hunting rifles.

Last edited:
"accubrake"? Are they trying to impersonate savage? woof.

Edit: pricing on the "alpine" model is funny. add a pic rail and swap out the stock for a MDT HNT26 chassis and tack on $1800 to the price tag? That's basically the purchase price of a new chassis and rail so the stock/bottom metal on the range model is worthless? If the barreled action is the same for both a guy would save $ by getting the range, selling the stock/bottom metal and buying the chassis/rail separate.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupari
Back