Caribou Gear Tarp

New gig

Ben Lamb

Apologies for the shameless self-promotion.

I was approached by Outdoor Life to work on a project they had concieved called "Open Country." It's a blog about access issues. There's two bloggers, Tony Hansen and myself.

You can read the first installments here:

Tony's blog

My blog

I'm really excited to be working with Andrew McKean and the crew at OL. We're hopeful that this grows and becomes a good resource for hunters and anglers to learn about the policies that affect access in the US, as well as relate our own personal stories and experiences.

During discussions on the issues that OL wanted covered it became clear that Andrew and company didn't want to shy away from the more difficult discussions related to motorized access and hunter opportunity, but they wanted a holistic approach that looks at the access issue from all sides. Hopefully the blogs will deliver that.

Best of luck, Ben. Feel free to share your links here. We will read them with great interest.

I’m hoping this new job will not interfere with your Triple B duties and responsibilities.

Tony is also a great guy. He started his career writing the outdoor columns for the Battle Creek newspaper up here in Michigan and then went with the MUCC (MI United Conservation Clubs) for a while. I had heard he was working with OL and I wonder if he's doing anything with MUCC now.

Congratuations, Ben Lamb. I imagine I will now catch heat for what you post on Outdoor Life, as opposed to previously catching heat for your work in the Legislature. Either way, I'm happy to be a decoy, as needed.:)

Side benefit of being an independent contractor for OL: Hunting and fishing trips are tax write offs.

That goes a long ways. When I was fishing all my tackle, gas in the summer, oil changes, clothes, food etc. all got written off. Fishing was very cheap back in those days.

Congratuations, Ben Lamb. I imagine I will now catch heat for what you post on Outdoor Life, as opposed to previously catching heat for your work in the Legislature. Either way, I'm happy to be a decoy, as needed.:)

I imagine I'll still catch heat for your blogs on $FW.

I can't imagine a better person to be confused with. :)

Grats, Ben! OL is fortunate to have ya aboard!

look forward to reading your content. This added work? or stepping away from mwf?

Last day at MWF was March 31st. This is part of a number of other things I'm doing now. I loved the job, but it was time to move on and do something different. :)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back