New from South GA

generalpatton12

I am from South Georgia. Grew up bowhunting whitetails in some highly pressured, densely forested bottomland hardwoods and pine plantation flatwoods. Small parcels and a strong hunting culture that historically has not valued age structure makes it hard for bucks to grow old down there. However, the landscape is productive and deer abundance is still high. Now, I hunt northeast GA in some habitat consisting of larger parcel sizes and relatively less hunting pressure. Whitetails will always be my bread and butter... However, I have had the western hunting bug ever since I was a kid and saw my dad go out and kill an elk with his bow. I have since been on three elk hunts and a moose hunt with my dad. I killed my first and only elk to date in 2019, and will be going on my 4th elk hunt this September in Colorado. I am new to HuntTalk and hope that this forum can represent a community of folks that can be unified in protecting the resources that we all enjoy so much, so that our grandkids can enjoy them the same way we have. Good luck to everyone out there this coming fall! May it get here quickly!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregmilly27
Back