Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Netflix: Inside The Mind Of A Dog

Nameless Range

I know there are a lot of folks here who love their dogs and work with them.

Last night the kids and I watched this, and whether it is through the context of a family dog, hunting dogs, working dogs – I found it really fascinating.

Many concepts within the documentary really struck me. Dogs, being one of the if not the most morphologically varied species on earth, canis familiaris has thrived relative to their wild counterparts via Survival of the Friendliest. There was a lot of interesting facts about how in many ways, dogs are “smarter” or at least more understanding of human communication than our closest relatives – primates. And a lot more.

Quick little family friendly documentary, but as someone who as felt with certainty that dogs have souls, and wondered why, it made me appreciate how much dogs and their traits have been selected for over the millennia, and how that selection has created a propensity for characteristics that human love mingles with. I know this place is full of members who have loved a dog.

Worth your hour IMO.

I’ll give it a watch. I know when we put our little corgi down this spring she took a chunk of my soul with her. I told myself never again, but here I am 4 months later, looking at pictures of Brittany pups. Dogs are special.
Yeah I know it may sound weird to some folks and many won't say it, but I have lost a couple dogs that tore me apart more than losing people.

I lost one three months and two weeks ago and she felt like my soul mate. It seemed she read my mind and I hers. She never got in trouble and as a pup only had to be told "No" once and it stuck, and then only a few times in her life. Loving, graceful, forgiving, kind, loyal, and no odor... not even breath odor. I miss her every minute of every day. She was my buddy for thirteen years.

I feel like she took part of me with her when she left. Brutal.

They are special gifts.

Last edited:
Ours is the most amazingly empathetic creature I’ve ever encountered. Quickly senses when something is amiss or someone is pissed, and is there to try to calm things down. She has been a bit confused as to what to do with a newborn crying though. She’s also the friendliest, happiest thing. A huge hit in our neighborhood with a regular retinue of folks stopping to say hello. The FedEx guy is especially pumped when he has a package for us.

All is to say, I’ll absolutely give this a watch to try and get a better understanding of what is knocking around between those ears.

I know there are a lot of folks here who love their dogs and work with them.

Last night the kids and I watched this, and whether it is through the context of a family dog, hunting dogs, working dogs – I found it really fascinating.

Many concepts within the documentary really struck me. Dogs, being one of the if not the most morphologically varied species on earth, canis familiaris has thrived relative to their wild counterparts via Survival of the Friendliest. There was a lot of interesting facts about how in many ways, dogs are “smarter” or at least more understanding of human communication than our closest relatives – primates. And a lot more.

Quick little family friendly documentary, but as someone who as felt with certainty that dogs have souls, and wondered why, it made me appreciate how much dogs and their traits have been selected for over the millennia, and how that selection has created a propensity for characteristics that human love mingles with. I know this place is full of members who have loved a dog.

Worth your hour IMO.

Loved it! Especially fascinating was when they put a dog in an MRI and showed its brain lighting up when the dog was told "good boy" with more brain activity than when shown food. Dogs love our praise more than food!

Just watched and I concur.
Dogs are the best.

Dotti verified much on the film in real time.
Anxious when I got up early,because I went to bed early. It was still hot late.
I took her out to pee in the dark. Left the door open and she came in and jumped next to me and wiggled.

Then she saw my image in the window when I came in with a cuppa...and she went off on the bad guy lurking outside.
In 2 windows. She kept warning me.
She finally laid on the couch,watching. Not on the soft throw. Barking occasionally.
She's sleeping there now.

Well worth the time.

Watched the show with wife and our dog.

Very interesting about the eyes and nose features!
Great settings to identify dog personalities/capabilities for service oriented intent from disabilities to search/rescue.
The understanding, just as humans, dog personalities define capabilities.

Thanks for sharing @Nameless Range . Happy B-Day, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back