Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

My Grinder Sucks - Grinder reviews

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
It's supposed to make it so you get the texture of two passes through the grinder on the first grind. Yes, the plate with the large holes is closer to the auger, then the normal plate goes on the other side of the blade against the retaining ring. Here's a video from LEM showing the assembly
Interesting, never seen that before, seems like the first plate is probably too coarse. Looks like their goal of 4x faster, no wait between grinds, no second clean up, and less frustration didn't pan out. Does it make good burger other than the extra work?

Is the meat very slightly frozen? Or completely thawed?

Even with thawed I wouldn't think it would clog up so fast but you might have to always use slightly frozen meat

I have tried grinding meat at a range of temperatures from cool room temperature to partly frozen. Since the chilled meat just starting to stiffen still had trouble, I left one tray in the freezer until the meat was firm but still could be compressed with my fingers. A few thumb sized chunks of that stopped the grinder as if I had filled it with gravel.

Have you tried it without the inner plate and use it with just the outer like a regular grinder?

I haven't tried that. It looked to me like the first plate is helping keep the blade in the right place on the auger shaft. Not sure if it might wobble without that plate.

Interesting, never seen that before, seems like the first plate is probably too coarse. Looks like their goal of 4x faster, no wait between grinds, no second clean up, and less frustration didn't pan out. Does it make good burger other than the extra work?

The burger texture is good. I haven't needed to run any of it through twice. It grinds meat with no connective tissue quickly and easily. Most of what I want to grind has silverskin or similar tissue though.

I have tried grinding meat at a range of temperatures from cool room temperature to partly frozen. Since the chilled meat just starting to stiffen still had trouble, I left one tray in the freezer until the meat was firm but still could be compressed with my fingers. A few thumb sized chunks of that stopped the grinder as if I had filled it with gravel.

I haven't tried that. It looked to me like the first plate is helping keep the blade in the right place on the auger shaft. Not sure if it might wobble without that plate.

The burger texture is good. I haven't needed to run any of it through twice. It grinds meat with no connective tissue quickly and easily. Most of what I want to grind has silverskin or similar tissue though.
Ya that doesn't seem right. Maybe call LEM and see what they say? Cause my little mini LEM never plugs even with thawed fronts going through it

Ya that doesn't seem right. Maybe call LEM and see what they say? Cause my little mini LEM never plugs even with thawed fronts going through it
I need to make time to do that well ahead of hunting season. I processed my elk in the evenings after work, and their customer service line was closed. Once I got it done I mostly forgot about the situation until I saw this thread.

Back