MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MT SFW donate $15,000 to Wildlife Services

katqanna

Sportsmen donate $15,000 to Wildlife Services

" 'We are pleased to be able to participate in this way which results in reducing the burden of government on the taxpayer and at the same time is consistent with our policies and mission,' Kubista said. 'Primary among them is to focus our efforts and funds to preserve our rights to hunt, trap and fish and to protect livestock and pets from predation.' "

I have worked with John Steuber (APHIS) this fall in a presentation I coordinated - Tools For Coexistence Between Livestock & Large Carnivores: Guard Dogs & Rangeland Stewardship. Steuber comments on the prevention at the bottom of the article.

We had cattle and sheep ranchers there that believe in preventative methods, as well as real rangeland management. Prevention is far more profitable to the livestock owner, protects the bloodlines of the herd, low stress, healthier for the livestock - many benefits. Zaranek is a range rider that works with their cattle, as well as a cooperative of ranches in the area. Not only did they not lose any cattle to wolves or any other predators, but they also market their beef ( the sheep ranchers their lamb) as predator friendly and get a better price for it.

It also reduces the polarization between conservation and ag/livestock. Granted not all cases would have zero losses to all predators, but it does work for protecting livestock interests far better than indiscriminately removing predators from the landscape. Though that would not help out game ranching objectives.

I think you just stepped on a land mine Kat.....;):D

Bighorn, I have no doubt. I grew up with my military father and a diet of Kelly's Heros and the Dirty Dozen. Kelly's Heros is still one of my favorite movies, even owning a copy. That landmine scene is always at the front of my brain in certain situations, as a result, but you have to cross the field and I am not afraid to probe the ground to get there.

Personally, if I were a member, I'd be upset that they just handed the Obama administration $1`5 large to go to an ineffective campaign.

But then, I suppose I'm more fiscally conservative than SFW when it comes to welfare. ;)

Less of my money that WS will piss away chasing coyotes.

Well APHIS just pissed away some more. They sent one of my FOIA's on a CD, without a protective cover, which arrived cracked. 3 1/2 months I have waited for this information, 564 pages of it and I cant access it, which I am sure was the intention. Delay and obfuscation. They certainly dont want this major waste of taxpayers dollars getting out to the public.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back