Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT FWP: Quality Action. Thank a Landowner.

Sytes

Hunters can thank landowners through portal on FWP website​

HELENA – Hunters will again have the opportunity to thank landowners who allow hunting access on their land. The “Thank a Landowner” web portal is an easy way for hunters to pass on a note of thanks and a photo to landowners who have allowed them access.
FWP collects these submissions and mails the letters and photos to all landowners who were identified. Last year, nearly 600 hunters submitted a thank you note to private landowners through the portal.  
This portal is part of the “It’s Up To Us” campaign to promote ethical hunting and help improve relationships between hunters and landowners. This campaign is an annual effort with FWP and several partner organizations to encourage hunters to take the initiative to promote good hunter ethics and behavior, particularly on private lands. The campaign website is fwp.mt.gov/ItsUpToUs. Here hunters can find tips on ethical hunting, links to informative video content and the “Thank a Landowner” portal.  
The page also features access to the Hunter Landowner Stewardship Project and links to campaign partners.   

I didn't see this last year. I'm sure some of you saw this though if I didn't, likely others did not as well. I really value our BMA and landowners who give me access through or to hunt. Good stuff. Thought I would share for our Resident and Non-Resident hunters. IMO, this is a quality action!​

They had is last year and I wrote a letter to one of the landowners that we deer hunted on. Never heard back. They should give them about 3x the amount of money they are getting for all the headache

I sent off a thank you for access that led to a successful elk hunt in 2021. Didn’t see the portal until this year and got the same email that made super easy to write a note and leave a photo. As I said in my note, “If Block Management practices in Montana ended tomorrow, I feel honored to have stepped foot on some of the most beautiful landscapes in the state”.

God Bless Em

Back