Medicine Bow NF roads

CdnHunter

Hello all. I am e-scouting the Medicine Bow National Forest in southeast Wyoming and have a question about the roads. Are the roads labeled "not maintained for passenger cars" suitable for 4x4 pickup trucks? Or are they pretty much quad only? Looking for responses from anyone with local knowledge.

Legend.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all. I am e-scouting the Medicine Bow National Forest in southeast Wyoming and have a question about the roads. Are the roads labeled "not maintained for passenger cars" suitable for 4x4 pickup trucks? Or are they pretty much quad only? Looking for responses from anyone with local knowledge.

View attachment 342475
You can take a truck down most of the roads, but it might not look the same when you come out. They can get pretty narrow and some get really rocky.

Its been 15 years +, you can generally take a truck all over there.
Back when Tom Toms gps were a thing, it saved my ass.
I went down a spider web of roads and couldn't turn around, turned the gps on. It took me right on out. Road got really narrow, then bam, normal 2 track. I was driving a crewcab long box. This was around the Ryan park area.

Main roads are suitable for most vehicles, side and smaller spur roads not as much but 4x4 trucks should be good.
As stated some are rocky and some have deep ruts. Dog hair timber growing along can make those famous pinstripes we all get in the mountains.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hotzy61
Back