Lodging in Rock River WY

Muskeez

Has anyone stayed at Longhorn Lodge in Rock River, WY in the past 5 years? Decent place ? I know they also own the gas station across the hwy and have outrageously priced fuel, but the old boy seems like a heckuva nice guy. Just wondering how well the lodging units have been kept up. Need to take my dad out that way for an antelope tag that he didn't get to use yet because he was too sick to go with us a couple weeks ago. Grandma may come along so it can't be a dump. Thanks!

Laramie is just down the road with much better choices., less than 30 minutes. Or try the Virginian in Medicine Bow.

We always stayed in Laramie, didn't care for the drive...but little choice. We didn't get drawn this year, but, we were going to stay north of Rock River in Medicine Bow at the Virginian....about a 3 mile drive to the area I think you are talking about. I don't think much is there...gas station, food in the old hotel, bar.....sounded good to us!! If you go there, let me know how it was.

If you want something nice and lower priced go to Laramie. There's a good place at the furthest west exit by the truck stops. Forgot the name, but it was priced right and was similar to Holiday Inn Express.

I've stayed at the Virginian a couple times and had fun, but it's not exactly 5 star lodging and everything is expensive. Lots of good memories with my buddies and kids at The Virginian.

I was warned not to eat at the Virginian this fall on my last trip. Just what I heard from a local, could be one guys opinion, but he said the kitchen is filthy and some other hunters got sick. As a small business owner I hate to run down others trying to earn a buck, but my families health trumps anyone's salary. Still looking for someone that has been to the Longhorn Lodge so we don't have to drive so far from Laramie if not necessary.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back