Language for the wolf rider

Ben Lamb

http://rules.house.gov/Media/file/PDF_112_1/Floor_Text/FINAL2011_xml.pdf

SEC. 1713. Before the end of the 60-day period beginning on the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary of the Interior shall reissue the final rule published on April 2, 2009 (74 Fed. Reg. 15123 et seq.) without regard to any other provision of statute or regulation that applies to issuance of such rule. Such reissuance (including this section) shall not be subject to judicial review and shall not abrogate or otherwise have any effect on the order and judgment issued by the United States District Court for the District of Wyoming in Case Numbers 09–CV–118J and 09–CV–138J on November 18, 2010.

Wyoming gets thrown a bone for the Johnson case. That is good for them. Hopefully they will take that piece and get moving forward to a solution that gives them a chance to manage wolves.

This is good stuff. Sure helps MT and ID, and gives WY the ground they wanted to keep their position with USFWS. Now those two groups can carry on with their spat, and not have MT and ID as hostages to the struggle.

Now we just need a couple votes and a signature, looking good!

Sorry, I see where they get mgt handed back to the states. I suppose they need to sit tight and watch wolves proliferate to meet minimums in whatever plans they have. That will be interesting to watch.

Wow, John Tester is kind of taking a beating this a.m. from much of his constituents. They are pizzed their Dem. senator went in with a Rep. and put that rider in there.

But, by gosh, Toby is on his facebook page defending him tooth and nail. Ain't wolf politics grand!!!

IIRC, UT did have a wolf plan. Whether not it is a USFWS approved plan or if that is needed I don't know.

FYI - I just got the call from DC, and folks are saying that it's as close to a lock as possible, and that any attempts to strip will not come from left. They have been beaten down.

That doesn't mean someone won't try and get it stripped out, but our guys are standing strong.

I'm not saying that we've won until it's signed, but it's continuing to look really, really good for us.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKILL
Back