Yeti GOBOX Collection

Killbags? (Not game bags) Anyone used them?

what are they? Looks like they might be heavy but what would I use them for.

BTW, if you want to pack game bags really small, run them through your vacuum sealer. Throw in your rubber gloves, knife, pen for marking your tags, etc. Everything you need as small as it can be.

So to me it looks like something I could put in my backpack when traveling but check an entire boned out deer and dry ice onto a plane.

IMG_3681.png
Kinda like a dry bag but insulated? Packs down crazy small.

Killbags are generally intended for fish. Have some ice in there and put the fish to cool them down quick, takes up less space than a cooler.

Understand used for fish, so the case I'm thinking is I'm flying to AZ for a coues hunt I don't want to necessarily fly a cooler BUT need a way to get it home. So one way is to buy a cooler out there and then pack the meat and fly it home (what I did last time) but something like this could be small enough to just take with you and then expand, fill with frozen meat and fly home. I agree they are pricey and I have had good luck with a normal dry bag inside a carryon bag being able to hold like 70 lbs of boned out meat if frozen in the shape of the bag. I'm just always looking for options.

Understand used for fish, so the case I'm thinking is I'm flying to AZ for a coues hunt I don't want to necessarily fly a cooler BUT need a way to get it home. So one way is to buy a cooler out there and then pack the meat and fly it home (what I did last time) but something like this could be small enough to just take with you and then expand, fill with frozen meat and fly home. I agree they are pricey and I have had good luck with a normal dry bag inside a carryon bag being able to hold like 70 lbs of boned out meat if frozen in the shape of the bag. I'm just always looking for options.
Got it. For something small like a coues deer I think it'd be a good way to go (or multiple of them for bigger animals, which would get really expensive really quick). Doesn't the Meateater crew like to use yeti hoppers for that application? I think this would be pretty similar but maybe better with the pack down when empty ability.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back