Sitka Gear Optifade Cover

Idaho Legislature at Work

6speed

The Senate resources and environment committee voted 5 to 4 to send Joan Hurlock's name to the house with a do NOT recommend for Idaho F&G commission seat. Hurlock was appointed by the Governor and has recently come under fire by SFW / BGF. During the hearing it sounded as though there was a SFW backed candidate who didn't get the appointment. At least 2 SFW Idaho board members spoke against Hurlock to the committee the other day.

If you don't want SFW running the F&G Commission it may be time to start calling your representatives.

Looks like today will be a biggie. Senate has plans to reject several F&G rules and attempt more legislation to control the ESA. It could be a good listen.

Bummer, she really got raked over the coals based on some of the things I read including by one senator who helped launch SFW in Idaho and another who makes a bunch of money off his elk ranch that fences off a bunch of prime elk and mule deer winter range. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth and makes me that much less pleased with politics.

It looks like the next one will have to have the SFW seal of approval.

Is there anyone left in our state legislature that isn't on the take when it comes to fish and wildlife issues? Sorry for the negative attitude, but it seems to be getting worse every year. Haven't seen a F&W Bill in quite some time that I feel was written with the general public's best interest in mind.

I feel that Senator Siddoway is very short-sighted in his thinking and some of what he was trying to pull off last year was for his own business interests between his sheep ranch of 400,000 acres (BLM,State and private) and his Juniper Mountain Ranch (11,600 acres of high fence). Hmmmm

Just as I suspected, the ass-hat known as Senator Siddoway, who was behind most of the garbage from the last legislative session, is the guy responsible for the Hurlock rejection.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/state/article_01fb4ca9-c730-59cb-80b3-4719b56e303e.html

So vote his sorry azz out at the next election!!!

Siddoway serves a particularly rural district (even by Idaho standards) and makes Paul Ryan look like a bleeding heart liberal. We'll only be rid of him when he decides he wants to retire and tend to his elk farm full time.

You forgot to add bison (according to his bio on the Idaho legistative page). Wonder if he is only farming those? Or do some get out once in awhile;)

Siddoway serves a particularly rural district (even by Idaho standards) and makes Paul Ryan look like a bleeding heart liberal. We'll only be rid of him when he decides he wants to retire and tend to his elk farm full time.

You forgot to add bison (according to his bio on the Idaho legistative page). Wonder if he is only farming those? Or do some get out once in awhile;)

I never saw one get out while I was in that neck of the woods, elk on the other hand...

Bummer, she really got raked over the coals based on some of the things I read including by one senator who helped launch SFW in Idaho and another who makes a bunch of money off his elk ranch that fences off a bunch of prime elk and mule deer winter range. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth and makes me that much less pleased with politics.

I spoke with one of my F&G Department contacts today about the nomination. He told me one of the short list candidates that was backed by SFW was pissed about getting passed over by the governor and rallied the troops to scuttle Hurlock's nomination. Allegedly, his behavior has opened the eyes of the Governor, and there will never be another SFW backed member on the short list again. :hump:

we can only hope that's the case. I've explained some of the sfw follies to friends of mine, and they've researched and agreed. We don't need them here, too.

Back