Kenetrek Boots

HT doc? People w/ prior injury Skydive/Bungee jumping Q.

Sytes

The typical answer is the "Safe" No. However, reading skydiving threads and the C, T, L surgeries while after a year off, skydivers logged 1,500 jumps +!
I'm set to bungee jump the 10th. 2012 I broke C6-7. Was a quad, rehabbed to about 75-80% pre injury physical ability. Pain is constant due to nerve damage.
Had L4-5 discectomy 2021. Had a steroid shot in the rear waist/butt-cheek area 6 months ago (nerve pinch).
I'm fairly active.

**RELEASE OF ALL LEGAL LIABILITY** blah, blah, blah - today's society: blame others for your own adult decision...
Yes, this is an Internet forum. We're anonymous aside from those we know. Yes, we all hold keyboard Phd's. Yes, I know I've not confirmed your knowledge as an actual Dr. nor know if you're an active skydiver/bungee jumper, etc...

And yes, parental, safe answer to most questions
related to common riskier activities is typically "No, don't do it".

That said... Any pre-injured people involved in skydiving, etc? If more comfortable, feel free to PM me, otherwise, post up.

Much appreciated.

You do whatever YOU feel you can do. I've done both, and to me skydiving was way more violent on my body. Bungee jumping wasn't too bad. A lot depends on how close to vertical you are when you hit the end. It wasn't so much of a stop, it was a stretch. Have fun!

Passed. While it appears an epic opportunity, 15 second thrill ride vs possible stop on other epic bucket list events.

September South Africa: Have a hunt (LJ Safaris), photo safari, cage dive great whites, scuba a seal marine reserve and some coral ravine with ragged tooth sharks (safe(r) sharks). 15 second thrill is an easy pass in the end.

Passed. While it appears an epic opportunity, 15 second thrill ride vs possible stop on other epic bucket list events.

September South Africa: Have a hunt (LJ Safaris), photo safari, cage dive great whites, scuba a seal marine reserve and some coral ravine with ragged tooth sharks (safe(r) sharks). 15 second thrill is an easy pass in the end.
There are some epic surf spots in SA I hear.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back