How many hunting rifles do you have?

CoHunter1991

I am at a point where I have 6 very solid hunting rifles but for some reason I am always looking for a new one haha Is a seventh overkill? I know it is definitely unnecessary but was curious on what my fellow hunt talkers think/ have.

Similar to Nick I have several but do most of my hunting with a couple.

I’d still like to add a big bore bolt gun at some point but haven’t found what calls to me yet.

I went on a buying spree a few years ago but have since thinned the safe a little bit to make what I have nicer (scopes, stocks, trigger work, etc)

Me, I like filling niches even if I could and pretty well have, hunted everything with an 06. It started with a .22-250 and ended on the other end with a .577 NE. Hell I even bought a couple 6.5 creedmores, still don’t see what the fuss is all about there. I shoot at least once a week, normally take 4 or 5 to the range every time I go. I’ve fooled around with gunsmithing improvements but I’m not a real good gunsmith. Become a fan of P-ham. Now I’m working on tweaking the #1s I want to keep for hunting.
Next step will be some sub gauge side x sides.

Similar to Nick I have several but do most of my hunting with a couple.

I’d still like to add a big bore bolt gun at some point but haven’t found what calls to me yet.

I went on a buying spree a few years ago but have since thinned the safe a little bit to make what I have nicer (scopes, stocks, trigger work, etc)
Yeah that’s kinda the way I’m leaning…. But just slightly . Better equipment is probably the better investment rather than a 7th string

I have one, the rest are the definition of insanity...no matter how pretty or how much you like the others, that one instills the most confidence.

Although I haven't felt the need to join @shrapnel 's anonymous...

I have one, the rest are the definition of insanity...no matter how pretty or how much you like the others, that one instills the most confidence.

Although I haven't felt the need to join @shrapnel 's anonymous...
That's a bunch-O-crap. Every one of my rifles has a definite purpose. I'm almost covered for species. Next I'll cover caliber for weather conditions. Then I'll work on having each in the correct color etc.

Just one. Might get a second but always struggle to justify it when I have a 308 that'll do everything I ask of it.

Maybe I'd get a 243 or similar if someone in my life wants to get started on shooting but wants a lighter kicking gun.

That's a bunch-O-crap. Every one of my rifles has a definite purpose. I'm almost covered for species. Next I'll cover caliber for weather conditions. Then I'll work on having each in the correct color etc.
Denim?

I also follow the trend of own a few mainly hunt two. But I’d say get you that other. You never know it may be the rifle you shoot the best and become the go to of the bunch.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back