Yeti GOBOX Collection

H.R. 3037: Government Litigation Savings Act

Definitely a much needed change. Every wing nut group in the country will be whining about that one, which is why I am smiling to see it.

I don't think the EAJA results in payments to plaintiffs by hunters/anglers. Hope there is some serious effort on this front, no just posturing.

As to your question about co-sponsors, sometimes they don't ask for such from the other party. I suspect if she looked around, there are Dems who would support change to the EAJA. Really not a R/D issue, rather more of an urban/rural issue. I am sure you will find some rural Dems who are more in favor of changing the EAJA than some of the urban Repubs.

Why aren't Democrats co-sponsoring this bill?

It would stop the theft of money from hunters/fisherman?

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr3037#overview

Because it ignores industry and focuses on people who sue the gov't in support of clean air, water and bountiful wildlife?

Here's some background: http://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...cle_8b5fcb1a-eb36-532d-b0f3-66fe86f8d3d7.html

To be clear, i do not support wild earth guardians or cbd. They are not friends of hunters.

Also, this bill does nothing to stop groups like Alliance for the Wild Rockies, Wild West Inst. or Native Ecosystmes,cwho use the litigation strategy endlessly regardless of payment.

The Lummis-cohen bill has a much better chance of passage.

Why should groups not be awarded costs for forcing the Government to follow the laws passed by the government?

They ain't getting paid fees on frivolous lawsuits that get tossed by judges, they get paid because they are winning suits against the agencies that are choosing to ignore the laws of Congress.

Because it ignores industry and focuses on people who sue the gov't in support of clean air, water and bountiful wildlife?

Here's some background: http://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...cle_8b5fcb1a-eb36-532d-b0f3-66fe86f8d3d7.html

To be clear, i do not support wild earth guardians or cbd. They are not friends of hunters.

Also, this bill does nothing to stop groups like Alliance for the Wild Rockies, Wild West Inst. or Native Ecosystmes,cwho use the litigation strategy endlessly regardless of payment.

The Lummis-cohen bill has a much better chance of passage.

So which industry groups are repeated litigants?

“Unlike the veteran who is suing because he didn’t get his veterans benefits to which he was entitled, these environmental groups are suing because they don’t like the policies of the BLM or the Forest Service or the EPA,” Lummis said. “And if they can get the agency on a technicality or force an agency into some new interpretation, they’re using that statute to get their attorneys’ fees paid.

This bill is about equality.

Why should tax-exempt organizations and co-ops be exempt from the net worth rule?

Last edited:

Yeah, "others" disagree with me....

A regular "Who's Who" of groups that care could not care less about following the law, managing My Public Lands", and providing hunting, fishing, and recreation for future generations...

American Farm Bureau Federation
American Sheep Industry
Archery Trade Association
Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Bighorn Mountain Coalition
Boone and Crockett Club
Bowhunting Preservation Alliance
Campfire Club of America
Catch-a-Dream Foundation
Coalition of Arizona/New Mexico Counties
Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation
Dairy Producers of New Mexico
Dallas Safari Club
Delta Waterfowl Foundation
Family Farm Alliance
Hawaii Cattlemen's Association
Houston Safari Club
Idaho Farm Bureau
Idaho State ATV Association
Intermountain Forest Association
Masters of Foxhounds Association of America
Montana Logging Association
Montana Wood Products Association

National Association of Conservation Districts
National Association of Forest Service Retirees
National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
National Farmers Union
National Rifle Association
National Shooting Sports Foundation
National Trappers Association
National Union of Land and Water Rights
New Mexico Cattlegrowers Association
New Mexico Federal Lands Council
New Mexico Wool Growers Inc.

Oregon Cattlemen’s Association
Orion-the-Hunters’ Institute

Pope and Young Club
Public Lands Council
Quality Deer Management Association

Safari Club International
Sixtieth Legislature of the State of Wyoming
South Dakota Department of Agriculture
Stewards of the Sequoia
Sustainable Forest Action Coalition
Texas Wildlife Association
The Society of American Foresters
Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
Tread Lightly!
U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance
United States Cattlemen Association
Utah Cattlemen’s Association
Western Business Roundtable
Western Institute for the Study of the Environment
Western Legacy Alliance

Wildlife Forever
Wildlife Management Institute
Women in Timber

Wyoming Farm Bureau

Excuse me if I don't give a that's ass about the RMEF if they are going to hop into bed with the Cattlemen's Associations and the Woolgrower's (not to mention the Fat-Assed Atv riders) and complain and whine about people forcing the government to follow the laws.

Yeah, "others" disagree with me....

A regular "Who's Who" of groups that care could not care less about following the law, managing My Public Lands", and providing hunting, fishing, and recreation for future generations...

Your statement is false.

Another false statement.

Quite the paradox box you put yourself into......

Laughing.....

Answer this, why should I not get reimbursed for my expenses if I sue the BLM for breaking the laws of Congress and allowing a Welfare Rancher to run his range maggots up near Wild Sheep that I dream of hunting, if I ever can draw the tag?

Quite the paradox box you put yourself into......

Laughing.....

Answer this, why should I not get reimbursed for my expenses if I sue the BLM for breaking the laws of Congress and allowing a Welfare Rancher to run his range maggots up near Wild Sheep that I dream of hunting, if I ever can draw the tag?

You can. You need to read the law and what this bill will change about the current law.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back