Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado units 66 vs 67?

LuckyMike

I am going into the 2013 draw for Colorado with 7-pts for deer. At my age, I don't really have the luxury of waiting to get enough points to draw third hunt in these units, which I like because I don't have to deal with the onslaught of over the counter elk hunters. I actually like hunting mule deer in late October when they are in pre-rut condition, even though it is usually more difficult. I'm planning to put in several days of scouting prior to openning of second season.

I'm interested in your thoughts on the pros and cons of unit-67 (sure to draw second hunt) versus unit-66 (50-percent or so chance of drawing second hunt.)

Thanks in advance, for any info on this and feel free to PM me if you want to offer specifics. Mike T.

I don't think there are any OTC elk seasons in either of those units.

Hunted 66 in 2006 at the end of October. Checked out 67 while there. From what I could see 66 would be better by a margin but couldn't go wrong with either tag.

Ended up putting in for 67 second season. Should draw with 7- pts. Thanks to everyone giving me some feedback with your PM's and posts.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back