Colorado 7/8 Cow Moose 2024

Hello,
Well, I got a lucky email sent to me yesterday. Looks like someone turned back in a Cow Moose tag for unit 7/8/191, and I was the next one on the list. :) Super excited to be able to hunt Moose for the first time!

With less than 2 months to go before the season, I'm looking for any pointers anyone is willing to give. I'm from NM and never been in the area. Hoping to get a scouting trip in but would appreciate any areas people are willing to share. Feel free to do via PM.

Based on my internet browsing and looking at harvest reports, looks like Unit 8 is probably the best?

Thanks in advance!

Travis

Hello,
Well, I got a lucky email sent to me yesterday. Looks like someone turned back in a Cow Moose tag for unit 7/8/191, and I was the next one on the list. :) Super excited to be able to hunt Moose for the first time!

With less than 2 months to go before the season, I'm looking for any pointers anyone is willing to give. I'm from NM and never been in the area. Hoping to get a scouting trip in but would appreciate any areas people are willing to share. Feel free to do via PM.

Based on my internet browsing and looking at harvest reports, looks like Unit 8 is probably the best?

Thanks in advance!

Travis
What a good surprise! Congratulations.

8 has easier access, 7 is a bit of wilderness. Due west of 7 is some of the highest concentrations of moose in Colorado, don't overlook driving thru 6 to trailheads that lead into 7. Scout out any wetlands with willows, typical moose habitat. Nice tag, I'm quite jealous

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Travis
I have a bull moose tag in units 7/8/191 this year. Lucky Me! If anyone has any intel on that area, I'd love some help. I was up scouting this weekend and saw some "moosey areas" and actually glassed up 2 nice bulls, but more info the better. Would love to do it with my bow in early Sept! Feel free to PM me or share inline in the thread.

I have a bull moose tag in units 7/8/191 this year. Lucky Me! If anyone has any intel on that area, I'd love some help. I was up scouting this weekend and saw some "moosey areas" and actually glassed up 2 nice bulls, but more info the better. Would love to do it with my bow in early Sept! Feel free to PM me or share inline in the thread.
This must be a record. 15 years before making a first post! :oops:

Weird I thought I have posted before, but maybe not. Been browsing around for a few years I guess!

I’ll drop you a pm later where I need to open up onX we saw some nice bulls in 20 when I was wandering around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
explorer's_workbench
Back