Blood Boiling

MT_elk

This junk makes me so upset!

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks is asking for help in finding the people responsible for killing a bull elk in Tizer Basin south of Helena.
The bull elk was killed and the antlers removed. The rest of the animal was left and wasted. The elk was killed using a firearm during archery season.
The crime happened during the nighttime hours of Sept. 14.

Tizer Basin is in hunting district 380, which is managed by FWP for older bulls and branch- antlered bulls. The hunting district can be hunted by permit only. It’s a permit that is one of the hardest to draw in the state.
Anyone with information on this crime, should contact TIPMONT. You can do this online at tipmont.mt.gov. You may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.​

1726678043502.png

This junk makes me so upset!

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks is asking for help in finding the people responsible for killing a bull elk in Tizer Basin south of Helena.
The bull elk was killed and the antlers removed. The rest of the animal was left and wasted. The elk was killed using a firearm during archery season.
The crime happened during the nighttime hours of Sept. 14.

Tizer Basin is in hunting district 380, which is managed by FWP for older bulls and branch- antlered bulls. The hunting district can be hunted by permit only. It’s a permit that is one of the hardest to draw in the state.
Anyone with information on this crime, should contact TIPMONT. You can do this online at tipmont.mt.gov. You may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.​

View attachment 340696
That's disgusting! Who ever did that should be hung by their balls!!!

Poachers give every legally abiding hunter a bad rep with the general public. :(
I hear that knee jerk statement every year and don’t find any truth to it, I think repeating it only perpetuates the narrative. That’s like saying bank robbers give gun owners a bad name. If an adult can’t separate a criminal from a law abiding citizen they are pretty stupid.

I hear that knee jerk statement every year and don’t find any truth to it, I think repeating it only perpetuates the narrative. That’s like saying bank robbers give gun owners a bad name. If an adult can’t separate a criminal from a law abiding citizen they are pretty stupid.
Just because you don't like it or can't see the truth in it doesn't mean it isn't true. Every time a nut job attempts to assassinate a president, gun owners do, in fact, get a bad name. Big media outlets don't know the difference between poachers and hunters and unfortunately, hunters do get a bad name. Even hunters who do things that are shady but legal, like when Cecil the Lion was shot in Africa, give hunters a bad name.

Bank Robbers, using readily available firearms that the firearms industry wants people to buy for whatever reason they feel, certainly do give law abiding citizens a bad name. Your subjective opinion about that doesn't change that it happens.

And we should absolutely, as a community, fight to regulate our own and not prioritize antlers above all else, so that poachers like this don't give us a bad name.

Don't worry @cgasner1, I'm not going to derail this one. Just had to call BS on some BS.

Either way, whoever did this deserves a fate far worse than what happened to that bull.
I don’t see you being the one to de rail it. My guess is someone will run their mouth soon enough and that looser will get caught. They always do and I hope it’s true this time also

I don’t see you being the one to de rail it. My guess is someone will run their mouth soon enough and that looser will get caught. They always do and I hope it’s true this time also
When I was hired for my current job I told them the one case I would not defend is people who poach for antlers. I'd probably do a better job than any state prosecutor of making sure that person gets the harshest sentence possible, ha!

Just because you don't like it or can't see the truth in it doesn't mean it isn't true. Every time a nut job attempts to assassinate a president, gun owners do, in fact, get a bad name. Big media outlets don't know the difference between poachers and hunters and unfortunately, hunters do get a bad name. Even hunters who do things that are shady but legal, like when Cecil the Lion was shot in Africa, give hunters a bad name.

Bank Robbers, using readily available firearms that the firearms industry wants people to buy for whatever reason they feel, certainly do give law abiding citizens a bad name. Your subjective opinion about that doesn't change that it happens.

And we should absolutely, as a community, fight to regulate our own and not prioritize antlers above all else, so that poachers like this don't give us a bad name.
Speaking of assassination attempts............

It's been pretty bad here locally this year.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksoncsalmon
Back