Bi-partisan Sportsmen's Act - Call to Action

Ben Lamb

We're #3 on the list of priority bills for floor action in the Senate. That means we need some calls and emails into Senate leadership on both sides to impress upon our dear elected leaders that we're sick of BS and want them to act now to protect our public lands, public wildlife and our ability to access them:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/open-country/2014/06/call-action-help-bring-sportsmens-act-vote

More on the bill:
http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/op...ance-pass-critical-conservation-package-again

We can make a difference here. But it takes your voice, and thousands of others like it to help get this done in the Senate.

Done and shared on all our FB platforms. Five minutes of time that can provide decades of benefits for hunters and anglers. Thanks for the link.

Let's keep the fires burning folks. Please submit your comments using the link in the first post!

As "On Your Own" sportsman I think access issues are of critical importance to our way of life and I would encourage everyone who visits these pages and are concerned about our privileges to trek and hunt public grounds to take 5 minutes to do this. I contacted my two senators as well as Reid and McConnell.

sounds like another way for big government to screw things up. I don't like the idea of taking private land away just to give access to public. Now if you want to work with landowner and buy the property, im down with that.

sounds like another way for big government to screw things up. I don't like the idea of taking private land away just to give access to public. Now if you want to work with landowner and buy the property, im down with that.
As worded it sets aside money for purchasing access points from willing sellers. So no taking.

Not sure where you got that, but no private land is going to be taken away from anyone. Any agreement under Making Public Lands Public Access has to be through a willing seller/willing buyer agreement. Then, it only means that 1.5% of the Land & Water Conservation Fund monies could be used to help secure access easements or purchasing small tracts of land (Similar to what RMEF did in the Red Hills).

If a landowner wants to sell their land to the public, then LWCF can help be a part of the funding that brings the land into public hands, but again - it has to be a willing seller/willing buyer arrangement.

I'm looking for any part that "sounds like" what you mention. Can't find it. Got a link to help me out?

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back