NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Alps packs question

Bonasababy

Anyone familiar with the big bear and little bear expandable fanny packs with shoulder straps these folks make? I like larger fanny packs for most of my bird and deer hunting and my old one finally failed after a dozen years of use. Can these be worn without shoulder straps without sagging too much? I really like the expandable design, perfect for getting back in a bit and getting out if I get something, want to shed some clothes or carry more than typical fanny pack items, etc.

I have yet to strap on my Alps Big bear but it's a but larger than I expected. I think I can wear it fanny pack alone if I don't fill it up. Full or with any heavy things I'm guessing it will sag a bit. I need to wax the zippers they are not great on some of the pockets. Water bottle pocket is not deep, for once I'd like to see a sturdy deep pocket on one of these things but not sure I've seen anyone make them. For stands within walking distance of my truck I just haul things in and then either leave it on the ground or hang it from the hook in a tree next to me. Otherwise neat design and I intend to use it for solo forays deeper in where I won't be walking back to the truck and want room to store shed clothes, lunch etc.

Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back