A Migration Story- Fresh Tracks

R.K.

Episode popped up on YouTube, and it was good enough that I watched it again. Saw it on Fresh Tracks + a bit ago, but really enjoyed this one. The pacing, message, cinematography, etc. Just a good story all around.

Not enough outdoor content tells the story of how we got where we are, and what problems need to be solved for the benefit of the resource and, by extension, ourselves.

So Thanks to the FT crew for telling these stories, even if they don’t get the views that the clickbait titles and flashy quick-cuts get.

I solo hunted that same unit the year after Randy did on a Deer Super Tag. Fantastic hunt. Similar challenges. It was sunny and low 40's for most of the hunt. But I had weather to the west & northwest that pushed the does and bucks toward their winter range. I was fortunate enough to take a really nice buck. The day after, the blizzard hit the area hard. Nice to see the FT crew return to that area - this recent episode brought back a lot of great memories for me. I also recall the "scouting" pressure. For every person I met that actually had a tag, there were 4-5 friends and family out helping them find "the one". Didn't bother me a bit, the people that were there were extremely nice and many offered to help me scout or pack out a buck if I got one. I grew up in Wyo but never hunted at the time. So many missed opportunities looking back at it now. Glad I did get the chance to hunt this unit during the migration.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back