Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2024 documenting hunts/somewhat live

BenP

So, I have not done live hunts before and don't really do much "story" worthy hunting but have noticed with just turning thirty that I don't remember all my hunts as easily I used to (pictures help bring back memories). So I thought it would be a good idea to start writing them down and might as well share them at the same time.

All my hunting is pretty much just in NC within a couple counties but have traveled a little, with that said I don't have any far away trips planned this year for hunting. I do have a bear hunt planned for my oldest and I to go on in a month so hopefully that goes well since neither of us have killed a bear.

So, this probably won't have a ton of adventurous hunts but they will be documented for y'all to see, and for me to remember. I am hopeful for a good deer season as I got a new savage 220 which opens up better shooting opportunities compared to using my 30-30 since there is no elevation restrictions with slug guns in my area. Deer season for gun opens up this coming Saturday and hopefully I'll get out for that in the morning. I do have off Friday so plan to bow hunt that day or maybe put up a two man stand for my son and I to hunt out of later this season.

I have only been hunting twice so far this season, opening day of dove and one bow hunt. Dove hunt was fun with my oldest shooting his first dove with the shotgun.

IMG_3920.jpeg

The bow hunt allowed me to see one doe at 600 yards. But enjoyed being out there.

IMG_3983.jpeg

IMG_3982.jpeg

So here is to another Ben, posting about their hunting life on the internet for others to see.

So, I have not done live hunts before and don't really do much "story" worthy hunting but have noticed with just turning thirty that I don't remember all my hunts as easily I used to (pictures help bring back memories). So I thought it would be a good idea to start writing them down and might as well share them at the same time.
I started my live hunt thread for the same reason. Seems like a good way to keep a record of the season. I'm following and Goodluck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banana Bob
Back