100 percent

kiwi hunter

I've tried on several occasions to go co OTC but things never fall to plan so I've got a great idea up the sleeve. Here in NZ we have a herd of wapiti, slightly mixed with red deer but still pretty well look like a wap, now we can hunt the hell hole that they live in called Fiordland, any time after the first of May as thats when the ballot finishes. The only cost is a water taxi or helicopter, and you're away. Now I'd better start planning.

We visited there last fall, and went to Doubtful sound. I kept wondering how anyone could manage to hike around that area, let alone spot a deer and kill it.

We visited there last fall, and went to Doubtful sound. I kept wondering how anyone could manage to hike around that area, let alone spot a deer and kill it.
It's a mission alright, but the secret is to have been in there before and to know the shortcuts. Some places get into your blood and that's one of them, a truly wild place.

Good stuff Les. When are you planning to go?

I’ve done 3 two week adventures down there and always think next year I should return. It’s easier to hunt wapiti in the US haha

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manbugle
Back