Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

****OFFICIAL****2024 SPRING BEAR THREAD

Fiancée was looking at pictures last night and was like your big bear was in. Even I can tell he’s big lol
View attachment 325786
View attachment 325785
Hopefully this big guy steals that sow from the little bear when the time comes

I have a similar situation at my bait. Couple sows hanging out with smaller bears. June should be a fun time when the big boys start chasing all those sows.

Going out this PM for my first sit of the season. Not expecting much but I have time and the wind is right. Taking 4-5 days off late May/early June and will hunt hard then.

This year is my third year of spring bear hunting and until today I’ve yet to see a bear when the season was open. I had a goal of harvesting any legal bear that wasn’t too little…
So far this spring I haven’t put a lot of time in hunting because each time I go out I end up getting distracted by sheds or taking the family fishing. I decided the good weather this weekend was a good excuse to get out and do something.
After work today I made the short drive to where I’ve had zero luck finding bears but knew there had to be some there. I started walking at 5:03 and for the next hour I did a little walking and glassing. For reasons I’m still trying to figure out, I started experiencing an intense urge to pack it up and go home. It’s been something that hits me every couple times I go out the past few years.
As I fought the mental battle I decided to walk some timber that had been thinned out many years ago. Half looking for sheds and half pondering how to keep myself going, I heard a commotion to my left. I snapped my head around and saw a bear climbing a tree about 80 yards away! Half stunned I throw my pack off and start checking it out. I confirm it’s a black bear and solo. I take a quick video and creep a bit closer.

IMG_9036.jpeg

It been right at an hour since I parked my truck at this point. I walk to about 50 yards and get a good broadside shot. The bear hangs in the tree for a few seconds before crashing to the ground. At first I thought, smallish bear, but starting to think she’s solid. Sow measuring just over 5 feet. I had a friend look at her teeth and he was guessing up to 8yo.

IMG_8992.jpeg
IMG_9034.jpeg

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back