Land Grab Article

Nameless Range

The Missoula Independent has an article that is quite in-depth regarding the push for Federal land being transferred to the states.

Land Grab -The transfer of public lands to state control appears to have little support in Montana. So who's pushing for it, and how has such an unpopular idea gained traction?

I'm sure a lot of HuntTalkers are tired of this being beat to death, but for me, this article does an excellent job of fortifying the belief that the land transfer is being pushed by individuals who are crooked as can be.

The article is long, and includes a close look at Senator Fielder, why the Enabling Act doesn't allow for the state to lay claim to federal lands, what interests are really pushing for this, how the heck this issue was passed as a plank in the MT GOP platform last year, and a few other nefarious links. I think the article reaches when trying to connect proponents of the transfer to militia group leaders. That's just a side effect of dealing with people from N.W. Montana....;)

Anyway, same story as always. Interests that couldn't care less about Montanans, are trying to tell Montanans what is best for them.

Nameless, glad you posted, was coming here to do just that. I was just finishing up the newsletter where this is the top article and the ALC email they sent out thanking the senators for their votes on 838.

I was beginning to get back to the Fielder research right before the accident, had picked up my trail from 2013 with Trochmann (MOM) and the Sanders Natural Resource Council and had begun the trail with the American Stewards for Liberty out of Texas that has been making inroads here in Montana and the Sheriffs First group. So I was especially glad to see this article. None of this is happening in a bubble.

Nameless, glad you posted, was coming here to do just that. I was just finishing up the newsletter where this is the top article and the ALC email they sent out thanking the senators for their votes on 838.

I was beginning to get back to the Fielder research right before the accident, had picked up my trail from 2013 with Trochmann (MOM) and the Sanders Natural Resource Council and had begun the trail with the American Stewards for Liberty out of Texas that has been making inroads here in Montana and the Sheriffs First group. So I was especially glad to see this article. None of this is happening in a bubble.

Wow, I'd guess Texans would be great champions of public land, seeing as how they don't have much, and they come to the north to hunt. :confused:

Wow, I'd guess Texans would be great champions of public land, seeing as how they don't have much, and they come to the north to hunt. :confused:

James, the ASL are primarily ag. Here is their board of directors. They want to own the land.

Stewards...

“We follow in the footsteps of our forefathers, strengthening property rights. From these flow all other rights.”

Stewardship is a distinct concept with its roots in biblical principles where man was given dominion over land and animals. Fundamental to this principle is the right to own and control property and protect it from infringement by others. It is distinct from environmentalism where the environment is protected from man’s use and individuals are not trusted to manage the land independent of government control.

We believe that private ownership of the land leads to the best stewardship of our natural resources.

...of Liberty

“Either you have the right to own property, or you are property” – Wayne Hage

Liberty defines best what we are working to preserve. In America, citizens have the right to choose their profession and faith, while maintaining protection for their land, family and wealth. A limited government is necessary so that individual liberties are respected. It is the rapid infringement of our rights and expansion of government that brought the two organizations together. In the spirit of our founding fathers we are working in communities across the nation, helping to restore local control and reestablish the principles upon which our nation was created.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back