Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Any hockey fans out there?

Dallas fans, talk to me about the Jamie Benn hit on Devon Toews. I can’t stand the Avalanche but Benn is looking more and more like a cheap shot artist. I’m amazed there was no penalty on what was a clear shot to the head.
Not a Dallas fan. Hate them both. Keep your head up. If Avs players thought it was that dirty a brawl woulda broke out. I’d love to see someone try to get a piece of McKinnon again. Dudes a superstar and no one will touch him.

Dallas fans, talk to me about the Jamie Benn hit on Devon Toews. I can’t stand the Avalanche but Benn is looking more and more like a cheap shot artist. I’m amazed there was no penalty on what was a clear shot to the head.
It happened right in my sightline, Benn left his feet (penalty for intent) and while initial contact was shoulder, he was absolutely coming high with the elbow following through. I've always detested Benn for those exact plays (but he's like this generations Claude Lemieux - would love him if he was on MY team)

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 00.02.32.png

Mostly glad that Toews is OK and that the good guys made a game out of it, but the Avs can't take 3 stupid penalties and expect to win in playoffs. Oettinger was great, but that was a winnable game without the bench minor mistakes. Will be @ the next 3 games...Lets Go Avs!

I just feel initial contact was shoulder to shoulder and the benn had the momentum to make it to toews head because it was down looking at the puck. Not arguing. Just curious. Playoff hockey. Snap your helmets.

I just feel initial contact was shoulder to shoulder and the benn had the momentum to make it to toews head because it was down looking at the puck. Not arguing. Just curious. Playoff hockey. Snap your helmets.
Initial contact was shoulder - which is why they didn't call a penalty. But he left his feet and flew his elbow high to finish. It's pretty standard Jamie Benn hockey and he's perfected that hit over the years.

But - as you said - Playoffs. In the regular season it's probably 5 and a game.

Edit: It looks worse from the opposite angle: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/benn-avoids-penalty-after-levelling-toews-behind-the-net/

Last edited:
Initial contact was shoulder - which is why they didn't call a penalty. But he left his feet and flew his elbow high to finish. It's pretty standard Jamie Benn hockey and he's perfected that hit over the years.

But - as you said - Playoffs. In the regular season it's probably 5 and a game.

Edit: It looks worse from the opposite angle: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/benn-avoids-penalty-after-levelling-toews-behind-the-net/
Yup. Love it. Can’t believe dudes didn’t get tossed tonight in the Carolina game. I love the second round. It’s always the best

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back