Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2024 Idaho Moose Thread

Well crap! I'm in the final stages of planning a DIY Alaska moose trip with a buddy for this September season and I get an Idaho moose tag. 76-1 I may need to get another freezer if I get lucky twice. Or maybe I should take the "easy" moose in Alaska and don't settle for anything less than that mythical 50 incher in Idaho as discussed above. This way I get to apply again in two years. At least I believe that's what the regs say. Does this sound like a dilemma or an easy choice? Nevada is really going to do me in when I get that first Nevada moose tag in eight days.

Well crap! I'm in the final stages of planning a DIY Alaska moose trip with a buddy for this September season and I get an Idaho moose tag. 76-1 I may need to get another freezer if I get lucky twice. Or maybe I should take the "easy" moose in Alaska and don't settle for anything less than that mythical 50 incher in Idaho as discussed above. This way I get to apply again in two years. At least I believe that's what the regs say. Does this sound like a dilemma or an easy choice? Nevada is really going to do me in when I get that first Nevada moose tag in eight days.
Good tag!

Lucky! I'm jealous, that tag should be fun.

This in my news feed. 3-4 hour delays on Road 250 all summer. Hopefully near good fishing holes.

Adversity will make you stronger and make the hunt more memorable. 😀

What are you going to use for your moose?

This in my news feed. 3-4 hour delays on Road 250 all summer. Hopefully near good fishing holes.

It’s the Nez-clear forest. It either won’t get done at all or will be a complete cluster. There is no in between

The Whelen would be neat.
It needs to be blooded. Mauser 98 with M70 safety and 26" Kreiger. New bottom metal and Timney.
Gunsmith not answering phone or email. Praying he has not expired. He is in his 80's and working off his backlog.

I was able to talk to him today. Heading to Bremerton in a couple of weeks to pick them up. ( I also have a 6.5x55 Swede there for rebirth) I believe the metal work is finished and I will have to bed it in a stock. I have a takeoff birch stock here and a full-bed Hogue Overmold here ready to go. The Hogues are great but they give you an 11lb gun. Great for the gun rack but not the backpack.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back